Social Things-Human needs encouragement2.2 Physical Computing
Why people needs encouragement?
Human beeing needs many things one of them is an encouragement. Most engagement initiatives are aimed at providing external motivation to people. Randy Conley points out the 4 basic human needs for engagement are that the need for trust, the need to have hope, The Need to Feel a Sense of Worth, and the need to feel competent. If the 4 basic needs are not met human will leave their job.
What about The sense of Worth? Conley said we feel of self-worth from our work, whether it’s something we’re employed to do or whether we volunteer our time and effort. Workers will be recognised and rewarded appropriately when they work hard, do their best, and demonstrate commitment and make meaningful contributions on their job.
“All that people need to know is why their work is important.”
From Gallup surveys show the vast majority of workers in the US are disengaged, with an estimated 23 million “actively disengaged.” They set the criteria for divide worker into 3 group following this
- Engaged: Employees are highly involved in and enthusiastic about their work and workplace. They are psychological “owners,” drive performance and innovation, and move the organization forward.
- Not engaged: Employees are psychologically unattached to their work and company. Because their engagement needs are not being fully met, they’re putting time — but not energy or passion — into their work.
- Actively disengaged: Employees aren’t just unhappy at work — they are resentful that their needs aren’t being met and are acting out their unhappiness. Every day, these workers potentially undermine what their engaged coworkers accomplish.
The 7 Hidden Reasons Employees Leave book wrote by Leigh Branham explain that why workers want to leave their work. There are 7 reasons
Reason #1: The Job or Workplace Was Not as Expected
Reason #2: The Mismatch Between Job and Person
Reason #3: Too Little Coaching and Feedback
Reason #4: Too Few Growth and Advancement Opportunities
Reason #5: Feeling Devalued And Unrecognised
Reason #6: Stress From Overwork and Work-Life Imbalance
Reason #7: Loss of Trust and Confidence in Senior Leaders
The reason#5 is very sensitive dealing with the emotional of workers. And also often happen in the workspace. Someone have recognised from the leader but someone is not. Everyone what to be an important person if not they will feel unWorth and consequence they will leave their work. The reason#6 also effect the workers’ health, not only body health but also mental health. People should have the balance time between relaxing time and work time.
The reason#6 also effect the workers’ health, not only body health but also mental health. People should have the balance time between relaxing time and work time. The relaxing time will help worker recharge their energy. The worker will feel stressful when they do over workload.
There are the example the way how we can encourage others people
- Encourage even the smallest effort.
- Stop finding fault with the wrong and applaud the right.
- Look for outwardly demonstrable ways to encourage a person.
- Reject negative responses.
- Make positive comments.
- Write encouraging comments.
- Tell people positive things about themselves.
- Notice when someone does something good.
- Keep it honest, keep it real.
- Bite your tongue when you’re feeling mean.
- Have a good upbeat attitude.
According to my tribe of study, Volunteers is very important to the community which help community service older people. The working is not alway works smoothly. Some time will suffer from a bad situation. Sometimes, they may feel discouraged and may think to stop woking as the volunteers. For the volunteer, they do the good things for the community. They should have recognised from others people. So my idea for this project, social thing, want to turn to this point. I intend to create some object that public people cheer the volunteers up for continuing their work.